Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July Fun

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife
I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin' here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA
Well, there's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say that

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

~

I had to begin this post with one of my favorite songs, "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood! I would listen/sing along to this and national anthem anytime I could! About once a month I would fly back and forth from my mom's house in Southern California to my dad's house in Northern California when I was younger. Every time we would drive to the airport in Ontario, California, we would pass an American flag flying high on top of a hill and every time I spotted that flag I would ask my mom to sing the national anthem with me. Without skipping a beat she did and it became a tradition in our car. I always felt such pride being an American and as I have grown into an adult, my pride has grown exponentially. My heart swells when I think about what this country stands for and all those who have and continue to fight for it! I am beyond proud to be an American!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!










Please do not use any of the content for commercial use. Please do not use any of the pictures with people in it. 
If you are going to print any of the pictures for personal use, please leave my logo on it.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment