Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Mama Visits SC

At the beginning of last month, my mama came to visit her two children on the East Coast! After seeing my brother, she came down to South Carolina to see me! It was so much fun having her here!

She came in late Saturday, so our adventures started after church on Sunday. I wanted to take her to Botany Bay. I had remembered hearing something about it being permanently closed after the hurricane we had last year, but when I look on the website I found that it said that it was still open. So after church we drove all the way out there just to find that it was indeed closed. I was really really bummed because it is by far one of my favorite places here in SC. We couldn't let the drive out there be wasted, so we decided to walk around the planation instead. I actually had never walked around that plantation before, so it was new to me as well. It was a lot of fun until we got home and discovered that both my mom and had ticks on us (2 on each of us). YUCK!!! Nick was lucky enough not to have any on him. After all the adventures I have had here in SC, this was my first encounter with ticks and I would prefer not to have anymore. Other than those pesky little critters, we had a blast! Both the weather and the property were absolutely beautiful!




I am not sure if I like the color or black and white better, but I love this photo despite the fact that we are WAY out of focus! Haha!!








Bye bye Botany Bay!



Before my mom flew out here, I asked my brother and sister what their favorite parts of their visit here. My brother said coming to the beach and watching the sunrise. So the next morning, we woke up super early and headed to my favorite sunrise beach spot . . . IOP. Every single time we get up to go watch the sunrise, I freak out on the ride over. I always think that we are going to be too late and miss the sunrise, but just like every time before that, we have made it just in time. It was just as beautiful as it always is. And every time we go, even though it is the same beach, I get different photos. I absolutely love it! We walked down the beach for quite a while looking at the small waves, different seashells, and sea critters that washed up on the shore. It was perfect!













After we went home and cleaned all the sand off our feet, we headed off to our next adventure. My sister's said that her favorite part about her trip out here was seeing downtown Charleston, so that is exactly what we did (but with a twist). Both my mom and my sister are newly vegan, so I thought it would be cool to try a Charleston vegan restaurant. We picked out this place called Dell'z Uptown and it was pretty good! It is this little hole in the wall place downtown. You wouldn't be able to find it unless you were really looking for it because it is located in a neighborhood with houses surrounding it. It had a hippie/Rastafarian feel to it and the people were so nice! It was the perfect place and my mom seemed to really like it! From their we went to one of my favorite Charleston spots, Waterfront Park. I felt so bad because my allergies were going absolutely crazy (so ignore my red, swollen nose in these photos) and I was trying my hardest not to ruin my mom's visit. Overall, I wish I was able to show her more, but I think she had a pretty good time.











 Her visit out here was short, but oh so sweet! We had so much fun! I loved having her here and showing her this beautiful place I have called home for 3 years! I love you Mama! Thank you for coming out!


Please do not use any of the content for commercial use. Please do not use any of the pictures with people in it.  
If you are going to print any of the pictures for personal use, please leave my logo on it.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment