Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sienna's Surprise Graduation Trip - NorCal Adventures

My two week trip to California began with visiting my Northern California family! I was SO happy I finally had the opportunity to go up there because I hadn't seen most of them for about 2 years (which is WAY too long)! I wasn't there for as long as I would have liked, but some photos of my adventures are below!

Day 1:

I took the long flight out to California! I woke up super early and my husband drove me to the airport! This was the longest we would ever be apart since being together, so I cried some pretty serious tears as he drove away. Once I got to California, my day was pretty relaxing, nothing too exciting, just getting ready for the fun to start the next day!

Day 2:

My wonderful grandparents and I had lunch with my Aunt Lola and got to visit for a little while before heading to Sonoma! As soon as we got there, we picked up my cousin Dylan and spent the day with him! We went to this beautiful park that had this breathtaking view of a lake backed up against hills lined with poppies! That night we all had dinner with my Uncle Spencer, Aunt Lindsey, and Dylan's little brother Colten. We got so busy talking that I ended up staying with my aunt and uncle that night... and every other night while I was there! LOL! 






Day 3:

On this day I had the opportunity to spend the morning with my Aunt Lindsey (who is an amazing photographer) and another photographer in that area! We walked around downtown Sonoma and took photos of potential photo shoot spots and my aunt even posed for some photos! I wish I was that photogenic AND able to take great photos! Haha! Anyways, it was so cool being able to follow them and see the process that successful photographers go through to prepare for photo shoots. And of course I had to get some photos of flowers in there! After that I spent the rest of the day with my aunt and cousins running errands and hanging out with some friends of my aunt and uncle that I hadn't seen for about 3 years! I even got some ginger mints for my ginger-loving husband from Trader Joe's!






Day 4:

This was one action packed day! Dylan, Colten, and I spent most of the day with our grandparents! We went to the fair where we got to see and pet many farm animals. As you can see, Colten was not too thrilled when the goat tried to give him some thank you kisses! Haha! There were games, inflatable jungle gyms, and so much more! We even got frozen yogurt AND went to another park! These boy were pooped out by the time we got back! That night we all went to a BBQ at Lindsey's brother and sister-in-law's home. It was so much fun! I saw so many people that I hadn't seen in a long time and I felt so loved that they all treated me like no time had passed! It was such a great night with great people and delicious food! I am so sad that I didn't get some photos, but it is just proof I was too busy having fun!




Day 5:

It is such a sad day when you realize your visit went by way too fast! The photo on the left was 3 years ago when I visited after graduating high school and the photos on the right was at the end of this trip there. These boy are growing way too fast and I am so sad that I am so far away from them! Thank goodness for Social Media, so that I can still watch them grow up a little.


After saying goodbye for now to these two cuties and their parents, my grandparents and I drove to Chico to visit my dad, his wife, and my step-brother and step-sister. We had dinner with Cynthia's (my step-mother) parents. It was so nice to see all of them and the food was delicious!


Day 6:

I had breakfast with my dad, which was nice. We spent it talking and catching up on what was new in life. I don't have a really close relationship with my dad, but it is nice that we try to make time to visit a little each time I visit. After that, my grandparents and I along with my childhood kitty Fluffy drove back down to the Bay Area!


Day 7:

This was my last day in Northern California! Sad day! I woke up, went through some of my stuff my grandparents had been keeping for me, packed up the car, and hit the road! We spent the day driving from NorCal to SoCal. I arrived at my Nan's house before dinner time and spent the rest of the night with her!



I cannot thank my grandparents enough for all they did for me on this trip! I couldn't have done it without them! Also, I want to thank my aunt and uncle for letting me stay with them and tag along on all their plans! I love all of you and I can't wait until my next visit!



Please do not use any of the pictures for commercial use. Please do not use any of the pictures with people in it. 
If you are going to print any of the pictures for personal use, please leave my logo on it.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment